Android Market not showing all installed apps
October 9, 2011
This post was originally published in the Rambling Labs Blog on October 9, 2011.
As you may have read a couple of days ago, I had a lot of issues with the market when I installed Cyanogenmod7.1.0-RC1 on my HTC Inspire 4G. But thankfully, I solved that and I thought that was it.
In the last few days though, I noticed that the apps weren’t updating as often as I was used to. So I went to check my apps on the market and, to my surprise, only 2 apps where showing there. 2 apps from a list of 50+ apps that I have currently installed.
The first thought that popped into my mind was “I messed it up”. And of course that was going to be my first thought after all the issues I went through.
But no need to worry! If you are having this issue, just follow these steps:
- Look for the Market in Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.
- Click the ‘Uninstall updates’ button.
- Open the Market (This is the old market. You should see all your apps on the ‘My Apps’ tab).
- Install all your apps corresponding updates from the old market.
- Close the market and wait for a minute or two (The market will auto update).
Now, open the updated Market, and you should see all your apps again in the ‘My Apps’ section. This is obviously another bug with the market. I’m not sure if it only happens on custom ROMs though.